Technical Writing / Communications Portfolio:
Tools and Software Proficiencies,
for technical writing:
-  Adobe CS6 - Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro.
-  Apple Pages and Microsoft Word, for word processing and document creation.
-  Camtasia, iMovie, Quicktime Pro, and Final Cut Pro, for video / screencast production and editing.
-  Snagit, Grab, and iShowU for video and static screen captures.
-  Apple's Keynote and Microsoft's Powerpoint for presentations.
-  Audacity, Garageband, Max 7, and Ableton Live, for audio arrangement, editing, and production.
-  GoToMeeting, for live two-way audio & video communication, application sharing, and white-boarding.
-  Zoom HR1, digital recorder, for interviews and as a backup for note taking, when appropriate.
-  Sony HDR-FX1, video camcorder, for product demos, reviews, video documentation, etc.
Tech Writing Samples:
- Procedure: Tube Amp Construction (PDF)  (25.5 MB) - This procedure, taken from a guitar amplifier project book that I'm currently writing,
is intended for a target audience that includes electronic hobbyists at a beginner to intermediate level. This procedure contains a "walk through"
of one of several tube amp "recipes" to be included in the book.
- Schematic: Tube Amp Construction (PDF)  - This schematic was created with Adobe Illustrator and was converted to PDF. As a vector graphic,
this schematic can be zoomed in and out without loss of resolution, and can also be downloaded.
- Layout Diagram: Tube Amp Construction (PDF)  - This layout diagram was also created with Adobe Illustrator, and converted to PDF. As a vector
graphic, this diagram can be zoomed in and out without loss of resolution, and can also be downloaded.
- Placeholder  - Software documentation / manual, sample
- Placeholder  - Reference writing sample
- Placeholder  - Table of Contents sample
- Placeholder  - Glossary / one page sample
- Placeholder  - Index / one page sample
- Placeholder  - API writing / code sample, with output (you can copy and paste example code into browser at ideone.com, in order to test it.
- Placeholder  - API writing / development environment set-up procedure
- Placeholder  - Web Scraping, when no API is provided
Technical Communications in multimedia formats:
- The following links point to samples of my multimedia content production, as applicable to tech. comm. purposes.
- Placeholder  - Camtasia screencast, documenting a procedure.
- Placeholder  - Camtasia screencast, product demonstration.
- Placeholder  - Camtasia / Snagit video, featuring screen capture and voice-over narration
- Placeholder  - Reveal.js website sample
- Placeholder  - Keynote presentation
- Placeholder  - Powerpoint presentation
- Placeholder  - PDF presentation
- Placeholder  - PDF with rotating 3D model embedded in it